Life Extension Astaxanthin with Phopsholipids
Benefits at a Glance
- Promotes eye health
- Powerful antioxidant with whole-body health benefits
- Highly absorbable formula
- Includes proprietary phospholipid blend
This potent antioxidant is loaded with health benefits. It’s been shown to help optimize joint, immune, brain, cardiovascular, DNA, and mitochondrial health. Even more impressive, it crosses the blood-eye barrier to support vascular health within the eye. But astaxanthin’s benefits are limited by its low absorption. So Astaxanthin with Phospholipids combines natural astaxanthin with a proprietary blend of four phospholipids to facilitate maximum absorption of astaxanthin into the bloodstream. Enjoy the full benefits of this powerful antioxidant.
Astaxanthin has long been a critical nutrient for eye support. This powerful carotenoid crosses the blood-eye barrier, supporting vascular health within the eye, and protecting the eyes’ sensitive cells.1
In addition to its ocular benefits, new research continues to demonstrate astaxanthin’s total body health benefits. It has been shown to optimize joint, immune,2-4 brain,5-9 cardiovascular,10-17 DNA,4,18,19 and mitochondrial health.20-24 Research has also revealed that astaxanthin can help support healthy blood sugar levels for those who are already in the normal range.25-27
But because astaxanthin is a fat-soluble antioxidant, its absorption has typically been low. In fact, some studies show that as little as 50% of oral astaxanthin is absorbed into your bloodstream.28,29
To address this problem, Life Extension® blended 4 mg of natural astaxanthin with a proprietary blend of 80 mg of four phospholipids in its Astaxanthin with Phospholipids to facilitate maximum absorption of astaxanthin into the bloodstream, where it’s transported to cells throughout the body. This formulation has been shown to enhance carotenoid absorption by several-fold, so you can enjoy the full benefits of this powerful and natural antioxidant.30
Support your ocular and whole-body health. Add this highly absorbable astaxanthin formulation to your regimen.
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 2001;1512 :251-8.
- Chem Biol Interact. 2012 Apr 15;197(1):58-67.
- Eur J Nutr. 2010 Dec;49(8):447-57.
- Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010 Mar 5;7:18.
- BMC Neurosci. 2012 Dec 29;13(1):156.
- FASEB J. 2009 Jun;23(6):1958-68.
- J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2010 Sep;47(2):121-9.
- Brain Res. 2010 Nov 11;1360:40-8.
- Forum Nutr. 2009;61:129-35.
- Arzneimittelforschung. 2011;61(4):239-46.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 2005 Jan;28(1):47-52.
- Nutr Res. 2011 Oct;31(10):784-9.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 2006 Apr;29(4):684-8.
- Atherosclerosis. 2010 Apr;209(2):520-3.
- J Nutr. 2011 Sep;141(9):1611-7.
- Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2006 Oct;4(4):335-49.
- Future Cardiol. 2009 Jul;5(4):333-42.
- Chem Biol Interact. 2011 Aug 15;193(1):79-87.
- Invest New Drugs. 2011 Apr;29(2):207-24.
- Available at: http://www.beta-glucan-info.com/astaxanthin.htm accessed June 18, 2015
- Available at: http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/FULL/Antioxidants_Relative_Singlet_Oxygen_Quenching_Rates.html accessed June 18, 2015
- Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):355-64.
- J Cell Mol Med. 2014 Nov;18(11):2198-212.
- J Assist Reprod Genet. 2013 Jun;30(5):623-31.
- Redox Rep. 2002;7(5):290-3.
- Biofactors. 2004;20(1):49-59.
- Med Hypotheses. 2011 Oct;77(4):550-6.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Sep;56(9):1385-97.
- Eur J Pharm Sci. 2003 Jul;19(4):299-304.
- Int J Pharm. 2011 June 30; 412(1-2):99-105.
Take one (1) softgel once or twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Pure Wild Fish Oil and Antartic Krill (Euphausia Superba) Oil Concentrates, EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid), DHA (Docosahecaenoic Acid), Typical KPA (Docosapentaenoic Acid), Phospholipids, Polyphen-Oil Olive Extract (fruit and leaf) [Providing 45 mg Polyphenols, 11.25 mg Verbascoside/Oleuropein, 9 mg Hydroxytyrosol/Tyrosol], Sesame Seed Lingnan Extract, Natural Astaxanthin (CO2 Extract Haematococcus Pluvialis Algae), Highly Refined Fish Oil Concentrate (Alaska Pollock), Gelatin, Glycerin, Beeswax, Purified Water, Silica, Natural Flavor, Extra Virigin Olive Oil, Caramel Color, Maltodextrin, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.